Since Piedmont Park is one of Atlanta’s top sights, it’s an included stop on some tours of the city, which combine key park highlights with nearby destinations. If you’re all about the plants, consider tours of Piedmont Park’s Atlanta Botanical Garden; some options include round-trip transport from your hotel. To navigate Piedmont Park on your own, make use of walking trails or cover more ground by renting a bicycle.
Things to know before you go
- Piedmont Park is a great place to get exercise or relax in the city center.
- Head to Lake Clara Meer to snap photos of the Atlanta skyline.
- On-site picnic tables are perfect for an open-air meal.
- Four park entrances are wheelchair accessible: 12th Street Gate, 14th Street Gate, Park Drive, and Charles Allen Drive Gate.
How to get there
Framed by 10th Street, Monroe Drive, and Piedmont Avenue, Piedmont Park has many entry points. The closest MARTA stations are Midtown and Arts Center, both served by the red and gold lines. A parking garage at 1320 Monroe Drive is within the park and well placed for visiting the Atlanta Botanical Garden and other top sites.
When to get there
Piedmont Park is open daily from early until late, but unless you’re headed to a special event, the park is best visited during daytime hours. From concerts to classes, there are events scheduled year round. The morning hours are especially popular with walkers and runners, who take advantage of cooler temps for exploring a maze of paths.
Visiting the Green Market at Piedmont Park
Located at the intersection of 12th Street and Piedmont Avenue, in the southwestern corner of Piedmont Park, the Green Market is one of Atlanta’s most vibrant farmers markets. It’s held on Saturdays from the end of March through November, and you’ll find everything from locally grown fruits and vegetables to prepared foods, live music, and chef demonstrations.
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Sapa
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Tennessee
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- High Museum of Art Atlanta
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Margaret Mitchell House
- Historic Fourth Ward Park
- Fox Theatre
- Atlantic Station
- Bodies... The Exhibition Atlanta
- Little Five Points
- Inman Park
- Krog Street Market
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights
- World of Coca-Cola
- Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park
- Georgia Aquarium