The town of Hawi is located one hour from Kona and 30 minutes from Waikoloa. Afternoons are characterized by tradewinds and showers, and morning hours are the best time to visit for clear, sunny skies. Hawi is also the turn-around point for the bicycle portion of the Ironman, the world championship triathlon race that is held every October.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer