Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
With tropical beaches, a UNESCO World Heritage Site rain forest, and the islands of the Great Barrier Reef all on the city’s doorstep, Cairns offers plenty of options for a family adventure. From wildlife encounters and outdoor activities to fun family attractions, here are some ideas for things to do in Cairns with kids.
- Swim and snorkel along the Great Barrier Reef on a full-day boat cruise, or enjoy aerial views on a thrilling helicopter flight.
- Skip the long lines with a great-value family ticket for attractions such as the Cairns Museum or Cairns Aquarium.
- Spot Aussie animals such as kangaroos, cassowaries, and crocodiles or enjoy breakfast with the koalas at Hartley's Crocodile Park.
- Discover Australia’s Aboriginal history and heritage at the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, where kids can also try playing a didgeridoo or throwing a boomerang.
- Enjoy an action-packed family day out in the rain forest at Kuranda, where you can ride the Skyrail and Scenic Railway and visit attractions such as Birdworld and the Butterfly Sanctuary.
8 Tours and Activities
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter