Santa Rosa Wall
With a depth ranging from 50 to 120 feet (15.24 meters to 36.6 meters), the Santa Rosa Wall is a good spot for both novice and experienced divers. Diving tours typically leave from Cancun or Cozumel, often visiting other dive sites including Tormentos Reef, Palancar Gardens, or La Herradura. Round-trip transportation to the reef, lunch, and diving equipment are provided on some tours.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Santa Rosa Wall is a must-see attraction for wildlife lovers and scuba divers.
Remember to bring sun protection, a swimsuit, and plenty of water.
It’s a good idea to wear a wetsuit or rash guard while diving or snorkeling to protect against the sun, jellyfish, and rough coral surfaces.
Be careful not to touch or disturb the wildlife.
Evidence of scuba diving certification is required to participate in certified dives.
How to Get There
The Santa Rosa Wall is located off the island of Cozumel near Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. To get there, you can opt for a private charter boat or a guided tour.
When to Get There
You can visit the Santa Rosa Wall year-round, but it’s busiest from December through April, when the weather tends to be sunny and warm. There are fewer crowds during hurricane season (May through October), but be sure to check the weather for storms. If you’d like to beat the crowds, consider diving this spot in the afternoon, when most other divers have moved on.
Cozumel’s Coral Reefs
Cozumel is best known for its expansive coral reefs, some of the largest in the world. Paradise Reef and the Palancar Gardens are ideal spots for novice divers and snorkelers due to their shallow depth, and offer a chance to glimpse marine life such as sea turtles, moray eels, colorful fish, towering coral spires, and gently waving sea fans. The Palancar Caves are probably the most famous dive site, with huge brain corals and swim-through tunnels. The Palancar Horseshoe is another massive formation of corals.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Cancun
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park
- Columbia Reef
- Cozumel Cruise Port
- Tormentos Reef
- Paradise Reef (Paraíso Reef)
- Discover Mexico Park Cozumel
- Corona Beach (Playa Corona)
- Plaza del Sol
- Punta Sur Eco Beach Park (Faro Celerain Ecological Reserve)
- Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park
- Playa Uvas Beach Club
- El Cedral
- Cozumel Museum (Museo de la Isla de Cozumel)
- El Mirador Lookout
- San Gervasio Mayan Ruins