Port Lucaya Marina
Lucaya Harbor serves as the official point of entry for Grand Bahama Island. This modern coastal suburb of Freeport appeals with its walkable collection of shops and restaurants, many centered on the open-air Port Lucaya Marketplace with its bandstand in Count Basie Square for live music.
Lucaya Harbor serves as a jumping-off point for all sorts of aquatic adventures from Grand Bahama; visitors can snorkel, dive, parasail, hire a boat, or simply swim in the crystal-clear water. Visitors to the town can take a glass-bottom boat cruise along the Grand Lucayan Waterway, snorkel with sharks at Shark Junction, try their luck at the island’s only casino, or spend an evening hopping between Lucaya Harbor’s numerous clubs, bars, and restaurants.
Things to know before you go
- Lucaya Harbor appeals to both shoppers and water sports enthusiasts.
- Many of the best hotels and rental properties on Grand Bahama can be found in Lucaya.
- Don’t forget to pack sun protection and everything you’d want for a day at the beach.
How to get there
Lucaya Harbor is a quick 10-minute drive from Freeport, and there are many taxi services and car hires that will provide transportation.
When to get there
Since many of Lucaya Harbor’s attractions and activities are outdoors, try to plan your trip during the dry season, from mid-December through mid-April. Temperatures are nice throughout the year, but rainfall is more frequent between May and October.
Port Lucaya Marketplace
This sprawling 9.5-acre (4-hectare) waterside market sits within walking distance of white sand beaches and some of Grand Bahama’s top resorts. Visitors to the market will find more than 40 shops and boutiques, as well as a wealth of handicraft vendors, restaurants, and bars. Live bands play Bahamian music most nights of the week.
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Things to do in Florida