River Derwent Tours
Hobart is set on the River Derwentr estuary, which sets it apart as one of the world’s great sailing cities and harbors.
Take a cruise by jet boat or ferry on the Derwent, or cross the water by water-taxi. Cruises go upriver to Moorilla Winery or the Cadbury Factory, or out to Iron Pot Lighthouse near Bruny Island.
The harbor is indented with sandy bays and beaches and crossed by several bridges. From the water you can see Mount Wellington, the docks, botanical gardens and suburbs.
Sea kayaking is another way of experiencing the Derwent, leaving from the Hobart docks and paddling around the city.
The Derwent River rises in Lake St Clair in the mountainous heart of Tasmania, and flows 240 km (148 miles) to reach the sea.
0 Tours and Activities to Experience River Derwent
No results found!
Things to do near Hobart
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island