Huon Valley Tours
Tasmania’s apple orchard, the Huon Valley is a lush and pretty region on Hobart’s doorstep.
Centering on the little riverside town of Huonville, on the Huon River, it’s a region of hillside orchards and villages. The large orchard industry now embraces berries, vineyards and stone fruit, and the towns offer tearooms and antique shops.
Book a jet-boat ride on the river, sample hundreds of varieties of apples, drop into a cellar door for some wine tasting, go fishing or relax at a country-style cafe.
The Huon Valley also makes a great base for exploring Tasmania’s wild national parks and going for a stroll on the Tahune Forest AirWalk.
The Huon Valley is 38 km (24 miles) south of Hobart. The most convenient way to get here is by tour or car, following the A6 Highway from Hobart.
1 Tours and Activities to Experience Huon Valley
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do near Hobart
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Launceston
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island