Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting)
In addition to the legend-laden lake, Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting) is home to Dayang Bunting Marble Geoforest Park, where you can admire limestone formations and caves, and explore a mangrove forest via a man-made path. The majority of Langkawi island-hopping tours cover the island, and tend to include snorkeling at Beras Basah Island and Singa Besar Island, home to a population of golden eagles.
Recent reviews from experiences in Langkawi
Things to Know Before You Go
Home to more than 90 different species of bird, Dayang Bunting Island—also known as Pregnant Maiden Island—is a great place for bird-watching.
The famous freshwater lake is a 15-minute hike from the jetty where most arrive, so wear sturdy shoes and plenty of insect repellant.
Lifejackets are recommended for novice swimmers as the average lake depth is 32 feet (10 meters).
How to Get There
Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting) is located 12 miles (20 kilometers) off mainland Langkawi; you can board a water taxi from either Kuah Jetty or Pantai Cenang, which takes around 20 minutes, or visit as part of a stress-free island hopping tour.
When to Get There
Visiting Langkawi in January, February, and March means you’re least likely to encounter any of the rainfall that makes the island so green. In order to beat the peak season crowds, visit between April and August.
Enjoying Beras Basah Island
Located 15 miles (25 kilometers) southwest of Kudah, Beras Basah Island is a poster child for paradise. The undeveloped island is a staple of island-hopping tours thanks to its white-sand beaches, swaying palm trees, and iridescent waters, which are generally calm and ideal for swimming. Be aware of the wild monkeys that roam the island—they have a tendency to rummage for food.
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Dayang Bunting Lake (Tasik Dayang Bunting)
- Pulau Payar Marine Park
- Eagle Square (Dataran Lang)
- Lagenda Park (Taman Lagenda)
- Singa Besar Island (Pulau Singa Besar)
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Langkawi Beras Basah Island (Pulau Beras Basah)
- Tanjung Rhu
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Galeria Perdana
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Langkawi Craft Complex (Kompleks Kraf Langkawi)
- Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)