How to Spend a Rainy Day in New Orleans
Famously hot and humid in summer, New Orleans sees its fair share of rain year-round. However, nothing can dampen the city’s lively spirit, so pack an umbrella and soak up the extra dose of atmosphere that gray skies bring to the history-heavy town. Here’s how to make the most of a rainy day in the Big Easy.
- New Orleans cuisine is decadent in any weather, so grab a bite on a food tour or stay inside for a Creole cooking class.
- See the city while staying dry on the lower deck of a hop-on hop-off bus or on a city driving tour.
- Come face-to-face with marine life at the Audubon Aquarium.
- Take cover inside one of the city’s museums, such as the National WWII Museum or New Orleans Museum of Art.
- Get artsy at Mardi Gras World or the Edgar Degas House.
- Enjoy river views and Dixie tunes from the dining room of a Mississippi jazz cruise.
- Bring an umbrella and get spooked on a cemetery or haunted history tour, made extra eerie by the rain.
- Things to Do in New Orleans This Summer
- Sightseeing on a Budget in New Orleans
- Top Day Trips from New Orleans
- Culture Lover’s Guide to New Orleans
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path in New Orleans
- How to Experience Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Top Parks and Gardens in New Orleans
- How to Spend a Rainy Day in New Orleans