Top Washington DC Kid-Friendly
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
As one of America’s most popular tourist destinations, Washington DC has plenty of offerings for families. From monuments and memorials to the Smithsonian Museums at the National Mall, there’s no shortage of things to see. Here are some kid-friendly attractions and tours you won’t want to miss while visiting the nation’s capital.
- Visit the Smithsonian Institution, a collection of free museums including the National Museums of American History, African American History and Culture, and the American Indian; the Museum of Natural History; the Postal Museum; the Air and Space Museum; and the National Zoo.
- Hike the Woodland Trail in Rock Creek Park, a huge urban green space with a nature center for aspiring rangers.
- Explore interactive exhibits at Newseum, a 7-story mecca for budding journalists, photographers, or anyone interested in how the news is delivered.
- Learn about espionage at the International Spy Museum, which features state-of-the-art installations, artifacts, and exhibits on the world’s spies, agents, and intelligence officers.
- Cruise or kayak on the Potomac River and listen to guided narration about the waterfront and its sights, with views of the Washington Monument.
- Visit during the National Cherry Blossom Festival and marvel at the blooms around the Tidal Basin on a bike or Segway tour.
- Book a small-group or private tour, which can be personalized for younger travelers, and have the family pose at photo stops.
- Go sightseeing with a hop-on hop-off tour and travel around Washington DC at your own pace.
1 result | All Washington DC Tours
Discover the best of Washington DC on this half-day bus tour. Your guide takes you to some of the U.S. national capital’s most famous spots, such as the WWII Memorial, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and the White House. Make stops to explore the major landmarks and take pictures, while your guide fills you in on the history behind each place.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What Kid-Friendly in Washington DC are good for avoiding crowds?
- U.S. Navy Memorial
- Old Post Office Pavilion
- House of the Temple
- National Academy of Sciences
- St. John’s Church
- DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
- East Potomac Park
- Petersen House
- National Zoo
- Alexandria Christ Church
- Renwick Gallery
- Belmont-Paul Women’s Equality National Monument
- Ulysses S. Grant Memorial
- National Mall
- Woodrow Wilson House
- U Street Corridor
- Nationals Park
- United States Treasury Building
- National World War II Memorial
- United States Botanic Garden
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in New York