- Private Gyeongju day trip by coach from Busan
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Bulguksa Temple and its Seokguram Grotto, both dating back to the ancient Silla Kingdom
- Stop by Tumuli Park for a glimpse of Silla tombs like Cheonmachong and hear fascinating commentary from a guide
- Search for Silla treasures at the Gyeongju National Museum
- Climb the astronomical observatory of Cheomseongdae
- Enjoy a Korean lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Disembark to explore the hermitage, which houses a Buddha statue facing the East Sea. Your guide also escorts you to the UNESCO-listed Bulguksa, meaning ‘Temple of the Buddha Land,’ built on the slope of Mt. Toham in the 8th century. Learn why it’s one of Korea’s most revered temples while your guide points out stone pagodas and other Silla features at the impressive complex.
Stop at a local restaurant for lunch before re-boarding the coach for the tombs of Tumuli Park. Imagine the gold crown and other royal ornaments buried with an unknown Silla king at Cheonmachong, meaning ‘Heavenly Horse Tomb,' excavated in 1971.
After a quick stop at an amethyst factory for a look at Korea’s treasured gemstones, your full-day tour continues to the Gyeongju National Museum. Browse the exhibits which display archaeological and historical artifacts from the Silla period.
The Cheomseongdae Observatory, is your final stop, where studies of the constellations were once used to forecast the weather.
Your day trip ends with a return to your hotel in Busan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear a comfortable pair of shoes
- Tour is subject to change without notice due to local conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Kangsan Travel Service Co.,Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff