- Explore the historic landmarks of ancient Kamakura with a private guide
- Check out the picturesque Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
- Stroll past the street food vendors and unique shops of Komachi Dori
- Check out the Daibutsu ('Big Buddha'), the second-largest Buddha statue in Japan
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
- Great day trip option from Tokyo
Departure & Return
Departure Point: JR Kamakura Station. East Gate Exit.
What To Expect
Head first to Kamakura’s Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, a picturesque religious site situated in the city center. Many locals visit the shrine in order to offer prayers for good fortune. Continue on foot to Komachi Dori, a famous strip that houses an array of Kamakura’s best street food vendors, unique shops, and religious attractions including Kotokuin Temple and Hase Temple.
Proceed from Komachi Dori to Daibutsu (the “Big Buddha”), the second-biggest Buddha monument in Japan and one that dates back to the 13th century. Depending on the time of year and how quickly you proceed through the other attractions, you may also have time for one more stop before ending your trip. At the end of your day you’ll be brought back the JR Kamakura station to proceed to your next destination.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms