4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the real Kamakura with students from the local high school. Take a private, customized tour with enthusiastic local hosts and experience “Samurai Town,” the Shogunate capital of Japan during the 12th-14th centuries. Visit significant Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, and historic sites, including Tsurugaoka Hachiman Shrine, Hasedera temple, and the Great Buddha on this affordable half-day outing.
- Experience “Samurai Town” with enthusiastic student-guides
- Visit Kamakura’s main historic sites with hosts from the local high school
- Enjoy a private, customized outing to suit your interests and schedule
- See the Hokokuji Zen temple, Big Buddha, and Zeniarai benten shrine
Saved to wishlist!
Local high school student guide (about two)
Entrance fees (yours)
Food and drinks (yours and guide's)
Transportation fees(yours and guide's)
Temple entrance fee : (for example)
Transportation fee : 500-1,000 yen each (depends on itinerary)
Departure & Return
1-chōme-1-15 Onarimachi, Kamakura, Kanagawa 248-0012, Japan
East ticket gate of Kamakura station
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Week-sighted people available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kamakura Private Custom Tour Led by Local Students?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kamakura Private Custom Tour Led by Local Students?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What is the social distancing policy during Kamakura Private Custom Tour Led by Local Students?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kamakura Private Custom Tour Led by Local Students?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Kamakura Private Custom Tour Led by Local Students
4 to 6 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKamakuraRail Tours - Kanagawa PrefectureWalking Tours - Kanagawa PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kanagawa PrefectureHalf-day Tours - Kanagawa PrefectureRail Tours - KawasakiWalking Tours - KawasakiHistorical Tours - KawasakiHalf-day Tours - KawasakiRail Tours - TokyoWalking Tours - TokyoHistorical Tours - TokyoHalf-day Tours - TokyoCategory