Departure & Return
Picchio is located in Hoshino Area. You can use public transportations (Shinano railway, Seibu Kanko bus and Taxi) from Karuizawa station or Naka-Karuizawa station to come to Hoshino Area. Shinano railway: Get off the train at Naka-Karuizawa station, which is one station from Karuizawa station (approximately 4 minutes). From there, it is a 17-minute walk or 5 minutes by taxi. Train fare is ¥230 one-way. Seibu Kanko Bus:Departs from the North Exit of Karuizawa station. Get on the bus bound for “Karuizawa Eigyosho / Kusatsu Onsen” and get off at the “Hoshino Onsen Tombo-no-yu” bus station. 5-minute walk from the bus station. Bus fare is ¥460 one-way. Taxi: Masuya Kotsu 0267-45-5223 Karuizawa Kanko Taxi 0267-45-5408 Asama Kanko Taxi 0267-45-5264
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We cannot refund you any travel costs or other costs that may arise in case we have to cancel the tour due to unexpected reasons (weather, absence of flying squirrels, etc.)
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Some of our guides do not speak English that much but you can enjoy the tour as our lecture slides have English subtitles.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
- OPERATED BY Picchio Wildlife Research Center
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms