- 3.5-hour tour of Jigokudani Monkey Park from Shimotakai-gun
- Escape the city and explore one of Japan's most famous winter spots
- Marvel at furry Japanese macaques as they bathe in steaming onsen
- Follow walking trails surrounded by local flora and fauna
- Sample sake and beer manufactured at a local brewery
- Small-group tour limited to eight people
Departure & Return
The guide will waiting for you at the ticket gate of Yudanaka station.
What To Expect
On arrival, you’ll follow a walking trail and learn about local flora and fauna from your guide. Observe the red-faced, fur-covered Japanese macaques (aka snow monkeys) as they bathe in the steaming waters of natural hot springs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please join us wearing shoes that are easy to walk in and do not bring heavy baggage because you will walk the mountain paths
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travellers
- OPERATED BY Trip Designer Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.