8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the magnificent temples and natural wonders of Nagano on a full-day tour and benefit from the undivided attention of a private guide. Visit the famous Zenkoji Temple and Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, enjoy lunch (own expense) in Obuse Town, then choose a soak in the hot springs at Shibu Onsen.
- Visit the stunning Zenkoji Temple and the traditional town of Obuse
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup and round-trip transport
- Ideal tour for first-time visitors to Nagano or those short on time
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience and the undivided attention of your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Private tour with English-speaking (or other available language) tour guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels within Central Nagano only)
Transportation within Nagano City
Food and drinks
Onsen (hot spring) fee: 700 JPY per person
Other optional activities for guests .
Departure & Return
Nagano Station , Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９This activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible at most places (not including Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park)
- For this tour, if we provide train tickets: we will send train tickets to the guests’ hotel in Tokyo (the hotel which guests are staying at before their Nagano trip). Please provide: 1) Hotel Name in Tokyo, 2) Guest Name who booked the hotel, 3) Confirmation Number, and 4) Dates of Stay at the hotel in Tokyo.
- Snow Monkeys in warmer seasons: The snow starts to melt in March, and the snow monkeys may not bathe as often as they did in the winter to keep warm. Guests may see the snow monkeys taking a swim as the park staff gives them lunch, but unlike winter months, there are definitely days when the monkeys just do not feel like entering the bath. When it is warm and the sun is out, the monkeys tend to be more active and move around the area. The monkeys are more likely to be grooming in the warmer seasons. While Winter is not the only time to see snow monkeys, please note that they are wild animals and it is difficult to predict their behavior. You can still visit the Snow Monkey Park, but seeing the snow monkeys and watching them bathe is not always guaranteed.
- Guests must provide information (name, age) of each guest. A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Age Requirement: Guests of all ages can attend this tour, but a booking must be made for each person. Adult pricing applies to guests age 12 to 99. Child pricing applies to guests age 6 – 11. Young child pricing applies to guests age 1 – 5. In this private group tour, there must be at least one person that is 18 years or older.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-Day Private Nagano Tour: Zenkoji Temple, Obuse, Jigokudani Monkey Park?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
What is the policy on sanitisation during Full-Day Private Nagano Tour: Zenkoji Temple, Obuse, Jigokudani Monkey Park?
A:The policies on sanitisation are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What is the social distancing policy during Full-Day Private Nagano Tour: Zenkoji Temple, Obuse, Jigokudani Monkey Park?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-Day Private Nagano Tour: Zenkoji Temple, Obuse, Jigokudani Monkey Park?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Full-Day Private Nagano Tour: Zenkoji Temple, Obuse, Jigokudani Monkey Park
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesNaganoUnique Experiences - Nagano PrefectureBus Tours - Nagano PrefectureNature and Wildlife - Nagano PrefectureWalking Tours - Nagano PrefectureFull-day Tours - Nagano PrefectureUnique Experiences - KawagoeBus Tours - KawagoeNature and Wildlife - KawagoeWalking Tours - KawagoeFull-day Tours - KawagoeUnique Experiences - MusashinoBus Tours - MusashinoNature and Wildlife - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoFull-day Tours - MusashinoCategory