- Spend the day exploring the historic town of Ogawamachi, or “Small Kyoto”
- Learn about Ogawamachi’s paper-making and brewing traditions from a guide
- Taste delicious craft beer and sake and visit a UNESCO-designated paper shop
- Enjoy this quick day trip from Tokyo and get a different perspective on Japan
Departure & Return
*Note that this is NOT the Tokyo Metro Ogawamachi Station in Chiyoda City, Tokyo Departure Point: By the Ticket Gate Exit at the Tobu Tojo line and the JR Hachiko line, Ogawamachi Station (Saitama) Address: Ōtsuka, Ogawa-machi, Hiki-gun, Saitama-prefecture, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please come in comfortable clothing, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Please note that anyone can visit the sake brewery, but you must be older than the Japanese drinking age; 20, to be able to taste the sake.
- On Tuesdays Mugi Zakkoku Kobo Micro Brewery, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays Kadokura Japanese Paper is closed. If any of the scheduled places are closed on the day you visit, your tour guide will take you to an alternative location.
- The paper you make must be dried before it is ready to be taken home. Once it has dried, the workshop will send it to you. Please note, however, that the paper can only be sent to a Japanese address, so make sure that you book the tour at least four days before you leave Japan.
- eg. If you are planning on checking out of your accommodation on the 20th January, you must book the tour for the 16th January at the latest. Depending on the weather conditions, it can take longer for the paper to be sent to you, so it is recommended that you book the tour well before the date you return to your country.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc. - at least about JPY 1000)
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY otomo travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands