- Full-day Hwaseong Fortress and Korean Folk Village tour from Seoul
- Tour the vast Hwaseong Fortress by trolley
- See monuments and homes from the Joseon Dynasty (1392–1910)
- Check out traditional homes and artisans at the Korean Folk Village
- Includes lunch, entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
If you don't need pick-up, we will meet you at 9 am in the lobby of The Plaza hotel nearby Seoul City Hall.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Your guide takes you around the 18th-century fortress by trolley. The World Heritage Site encompasses about 3.5 miles (5.5 km) of fortified walls, artillery towers, and four gates in the cardinal directions: North (Janganmun), South (Paldalmun), East (Changnyongmun) and West (Hwaseomun).
Depart from Hwaseong Fortress and stop for a restaurant lunch of Korean fare.
After lunch, continue 30 minutes down the road to the Korean Folk Village. Opened in 1974, the site contains 270 traditional homes that were carefully restored to feature the architecture of the late Joseon era. Learn about Korean culture and folk customs by visiting artisan workshops where people make traditional pottery, baskets, bamboo wares, fans, musical instruments, and more. You might also watch performances of traditional music and other arts.
On your return to Seoul, stop by the Korean Ginseng Center or cosmetic duty-free shop before your tour ends with drop off your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note: Performances in the Korean Folk Village and the trolley in Hwaseong Fortress may be cancelled due to bad weather.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
- OPERATED BY Seoul N Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff