2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The worldwide popularity of the Studio Ghibli Museum means that admission tickets, which can only be bought in advance, often sell out. Guarantee your entry to the museum, which imitates animated film sets from classic films such as Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, by booking your tickets in advance. This convenient package includes the delivery of the tickets to your accommodation, allowing you to skip the stress of finding a meeting point.
- Avoid disappointment by booking your admission ticket to the Studio Ghibli Museum in advance
- Guarantee entry to the museum, tickets for which can only be booked in advance and often sell out
- Spend the day exploring the museum, designed to look like an animated set, at your leisure
- This package includes convenient ticket delivery to your Tokyo accommodation
Saved to wishlist!
Attraction ticket to Studio Ghibli Museum
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The pre-order booking deadline is on the 5th at 23:59 JST of the previous month of the ticket date. Ghibli Museum tickets go on sale in the middle of the previous month. The earlier you book, the more likely you will secure the ticket. If ticket cannot be booked, you will receive a full refund.
- PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS IN GHIBLI FORM: After your booking, you will receive a link to the Ghibli Form that asks for pertinent information required for this booking. Please ensure that this Ghibli Form is completed accurately before the 5th of your ticket request date to avoid cancellation.
- QUESTIONS IN GHIBLI FORM (A): Please provide at least 3 different dates and 3 different times (in order of preference) to increase your chances of getting the ticket. The entrance times for Ghibli Museum are 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm, or 4:00 pm. If you do not provide alternative dates and times before the 5th of the previous month of your ticket date, your entrance ticket time will be assigned to you automatically on the ticket date you selected. The tickets are based on availability, but acquiring the tickets is not always guaranteed. We will let you know at least two weeks before the ticket date if we were NOT able to secure the tickets for you, and you will receive a full refund.For ticket delivery purpose, hotel or Airbnb/guesthouse details must be provided to the local operator by the 5th at 23:59 JST of the previous month of the ticket date or your booking may be subject to cancellation.
- QUESTIONS IN GHIBLI FORM (B1): For Hotel Delivery: Please provide 1) Hotel name, 2) Hotel address, 3) Full name used for your reservation, 4) Confirmation booking number, and 5) Dates of stay at this hotel. We will deliver your tickets to your hotel in advance for the concierge to hold for you. The tickets will be available upon check-in. We require at least 7 full business days for delivery. We only deliver to hotels with a concierge with whom we can confirm the receipt of the ticket delivery (if your hotel does not have a concierge, please book the "In-person Delivery" option). If there are changes to your accommodation, please let us know right away; once tickets are sent to hotel, we may not be able to retrieve them (guests may have to pick up at the original hotel they booked with).
- QUESTIONS IN GHIBLI FORM (B2): For In-person Delivery: Please provide 1) Full Address (including apartment #), 2) Contact phone number (our staff will contact you for delivery or drop-off, 3) Dates of Stay at this Location. This in-person ticket delivery option is ideal for guests who are not staying at hotel with a concierge service (for instance, Airbnb or guesthouses). Our staff member will personally meet the guest at their place of stay within Central Tokyo and hand the tickets to the guest, or drop off at this designated location.
- QUESTIONS IN GHIBLI FORM (C): Please provide the age of each guest at the time of booking. At the museum, staff will check that the ages of all passengers on the tickets match with their passports.
- Only one name (the Lead Passenger) is required for this booking and must be the same name on the person’s passport. This name will be printed on all tickets for the group. The Lead Passenger must bring his/her passport to Ghibli Museum and the staff will check that the name on the tickets match the name on the Lead Passenger’s passport. Other guests should also bring their passport as the museum may check the age of each person in the group.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers age 4 and above.
- The following rules were set by Ghibli Museum to make your stay at the museum pleasant, safe and comfortable: 1) Photography and video recording are not allowed inside the Museum. The Ghibli Museum is a portal to a storybook world. As the main character in a story, we ask that you experience the Museum space with your own eyes and senses, instead of through a camera's viewfinder. We ask that you make what you experienced in the Museum the special memory that you take home with you. 2) Admission into the Saturn Theater will be limited to one screening per person. 3) Smoking is strictly prohibited on the premises of the Museum. 4) Please turn off all mobile phones. You are also asked not to use mobile phones outside the Museum building where they may disturb others. 5) Those who are sensitive to light should be aware that in the Permanent Exhibition Room, there is an exhibit that flashes bright bursts of stroboscopic light. 6) The garden roof may be closed in case of inclement weather. 7) The Cat Bus is for elementary school children and under only. 8) Eating and drinking are prohibited inside the Museum. Anyone who has brought food or beverages to the Museum must eat or drink on the Cafe's outside deck only (The deck area may be closed in case of inclement weather) and take with them any litter he/she has created. 9) Please leave baby carriages at the designated storage area. Coin lockers are available for small bags and parcels. For large luggage, please contact our Museum staff for assistance. 10) It is prohibited to enter the Museum with dangerous objects. 11) Pets (except seeing-eye or guide dogs) are not allowed in the Museum. 12) Any activities which may interfere with the operation of the Museum, either inside the Museum or in the facilities related to the Museum, are strictly prohibited. 13) The Museum reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who might interfere with other visitors or cause trouble to others in the Museum. 14) No re-entry to the Museum is allowed. 15) The Museum or its related service providers are not responsible for accidents caused by visitors' negligence. 16) Visitor parking is not available at the Museum. You are kindly requested not to come to the Museum by car. 17) Meetings, speeches, distribution of leaflets, and exhibit and sales of goods are prohibited within the Museum. 18) Photography or video recording of the Museum for commercial purpose is not allowed. 19) Ticket purchase for resale is not allowed.
- Cost includes ticket (age 4+, 1000 JPY), service fee (3900 JPY) for finding tickets and delivery to your hotel (if applicable).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pre-Order request for Studio Ghibli Museum – including Ticket delivery?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
What is the policy on sanitisation during Pre-Order request for Studio Ghibli Museum – including Ticket delivery?
A:The policies on sanitisation are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What is the social distancing policy during Pre-Order request for Studio Ghibli Museum – including Ticket delivery?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pre-Order request for Studio Ghibli Museum – including Ticket delivery?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "KEEP this in mind when selecting date and time: you'll receive an email from Japan Awaits asking for you to put in 3 choices." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Theme ParksAttractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesTheme ParksTokyo PrefectureTheme Parks - MusashinoAttractions & Museums - MusashinoTheme Parks - KantoAttractions & Museums - KantoTheme Parks - Saitama PrefectureAttractions & Museums - Saitama PrefectureCategory