5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit Mt. Takao on a full-day hiking tour from Takaosanguchi Station in Hachiōji, Tokyo. With a private guide just for your group, you’ll first visit the Takao 599 Museum to learn about the nature and wildlife that abounds on the mountain. Then, you’ll buckle up your boots for a hike along the trails to the summit, where Mt. Fuji can be seen on a clear day. The route back down includes a stop at an onsen for a relaxing soak in the Japanese hot springs.
- Enjoy a satisfying mountain hike and be back in Tokyo in time for dinner
- Choose a challenging or a less-strenuous trail, depending on your fitness
- Hear stories about the sacred mountain and Emperor Shōmu as you walk
- Learn about onsen etiquette and how to use the hot springs from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hot Spring Fee
One-way cable car or lift ticket
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation to/from attractions
Departure & Return
Takaosanguchi Station , 2241 Takaomachi, Hachioji, Tokyo 193-0844, JapanThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for children under 5 years old
- Please wear suitable clothes and footwear.
- The tour has you walk both up and down the mountain, with a chair lift or cable car ride at the end. However, if you wish to ride the cable car or chair lift both ways, you will be responsible for your own fare and that of the guide as well. The one-way fare for either mode of transportation is ¥480 for adults and ¥240 for children.
- The guide will instruct you on how to use the hot springs.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- OPERATED BY Trip Designer Inc.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full Day Hiking Tour at Mt.Takao including Hot Spring?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Full Day Hiking Tour at Mt.Takao including Hot Spring?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What is the social distancing policy during Full Day Hiking Tour at Mt.Takao including Hot Spring?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full Day Hiking Tour at Mt.Takao including Hot Spring?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Full Day Hiking Tour at Mt.Takao including Hot Spring
5 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 25 minutes
2 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTokyoTokyo PrefectureHiking - KantoHiking - MusashinoHiking - KawasakiCategory
Japanese Sword Museum (Token Hakubutsukan)Madame Tussauds TokyoTokyo Station (Tokyo Eki)Seaside Top ObservatoryNational Museum of Western ArtOwakudaniKappabashi (Kitchen Town)Mt. Fuji 5th StationMemory Lane (Omoide Yokocho)Mt. Takao Cable CarRoppongiToshogu Shrine (Nikko Toshogu)Hanazono Shrine (Hanazono Jinja)AkihabaraTokyo Daijingu ShrineYurakucho Yakitori AlleySuntory HallMori Art Museum (Mori Bijutsukan)Tokyo MidtownKitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)