10 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Travel to the resort town of Hakone without the hassle of arranging transportation or joining a large group tour. This private tour exclusively for your party takes you on an express train to Hakone where you will enjoy the flexibility of picking which attractions you wish to experience.
- Private tour exclusively for your party: Ensures a personalized experience
- Skip the hassle of arranging your own transportation
- Get insights into local history and culture from your guide
- Flexibility to adjust the itinerary to your pwn preferences
Saved to wishlist!
All guide fees and transportation within Hakone (all optional activities' costs for the tour guide will be covered by the guest)
All Hakone bus fares, mountain train and cable cars
In good weather: Owakudani Ropeway with the view of the volcanic activity at the Boiling Valley and Mt Fuji; Cruising Lake Ashi with a Pirate ship with the view of Mt Fuji
Meals, snacks and drinks
Optional Activities: Ride on the Mt. Komagatake Ropeway that overlooks the Hakone National Park (Optional: 1,300 JPY) Gora Park’s Tea Ceremony in Japanese garden (Optional: 500 JPY) Hakone Open Air Museum with Picasso Gallery (Optional: 1,600 JPY) Crusing Lake Ashi with a two body modern ship and a rope way to the top of Mt. Koma (Optional, Ropeway + Ship fee: 2,220 JPY) Narukawa Art Museum with good view of Mt. Fuji and Japanese paintings (Optional: 1,200 JPY) Public Hot bath at Hakone Yumoto (Optional, Entrance fee: 1,800 JPY, for private indoor bath: +1,000 JPY) Other optional activities in Hakone
All optional activities costs for tour guide should be covered by the guest on the day of the tour
Departure & Return
Odakyu HALC , 1-chōme-5-1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 160-0023, JapanThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Must provide birth date to verify age at the time of booking
- Passport will be required for transportation on tour day
- On this Private One Day Tour from Tokyo to Hakone and return, you will begin your journey at Shinjuku Station where you will meet your English-speaking tour guide before embarking on an express train to Hakone. Along the way, your tour guide will introduce you to what you will soon be experiencing in Hakone. Although Hakone is only one hundred km from Tokyo, Hakone is part of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park and is known for its natural beauty. It is famous for its hot springs (onsen) and stunning views of the iconic volcano, Mount Fuji. After arriving, you will visit Hakone Gora Park and walk the Old Tokaido Road along Lake Ashi. Included in your tour is the Owakudani Ropeway with the view of the volcanic activity at the Boiling Valley and Mt Fuji, as well as cruising Lake Ashi on a Pirate Ship in good weather. Other optional activities include Gora Park’s Tea Ceremony in a Japanese garden, Hakone Open Air Museum with Picasso Gallery, cruising Lake Ashi with a two body modern ship and a rope way to the top of Mt. Koma, Narukawa Art Museum with a good view of Mt. Fuji and to see Japanese paintings, or a public hot bath at an onsen (hot spring). Spend the day visiting as many of these locations as you would like and marvel at the natural beauty of Hakone before returning on your train to Tokyo. The tour ends just before dinner time when the train arrives in Tokyo. Bid farewell to your tour guide after returning to Shinjuku Station.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note for JR Pass Holders: For guests with JR pass who would prefer to take Shinkansen (bullet train), the trip will start and end at Odawara Station (instead of Shinjuku Station). The cost of the tour is the same for JR Pass holders, but the difference is that the guests and the tour guide will take the bullet train instead of the Odakyu romance car train.
- Meet your tour guide at 7:30 AM sharp at Shinjuku Station (for guests who have JR pass, meet your guide at Odawara Station at 7:30 AM). *The meeting time may change based on where the guests are staying. Travel time on train is about 1 hr 15 minutes each way. The tour within Hakone is about 7 to 7.5 hours. Return to Tokyo around 5 to 6 PM. The full duration of this Hakone One Day Tour from Tokyo and return is 10 hours.
- This private tour is for a group of 8 or less people. For a larger group, we may have two tour guides present (depending on availability).
- Peak Seasons: There are many peak seasons in Hakone, but it is especially busy during Autumn as Hakone is one of the most beautiful locations of Japan to view autumn foliage. During peak season, there will be heavy traffic on the roads and may take two to three times the duration to travel between locations by bus at Hakone. Other peak holidays include Golden Week (May 6th to 27th), the Obon Holidays (August 11th to 20th), and the New Year Holidays (December 28th – January 6th).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hakone Private One Day Tour From Tokyo: Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Hakone National Park?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
What is the policy on sanitization during Hakone Private One Day Tour From Tokyo: Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Hakone National Park?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
What is the social distancing policy during Hakone Private One Day Tour From Tokyo: Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Hakone National Park?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hakone Private One Day Tour From Tokyo: Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Hakone National Park?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Hakone Private One Day Tour From Tokyo: Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Hakone National Park
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursBus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTokyoRail Tours - KantoBus Tours - KantoNature and Wildlife - KantoWalking Tours - KantoFull-day Tours - KantoRail Tours - MusashinoBus Tours - MusashinoNature and Wildlife - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoFull-day Tours - MusashinoRail Tours - KawasakiBus Tours - KawasakiNature and Wildlife - KawasakiWalking Tours - KawasakiFull-day Tours - KawasakiCategory
Nakamise Shopping StreetSky Circus Sunshine60 ObservatoryShinjuku Golden GaiTokyo Dome CityJapanese Sword Museum (Token Hakubutsukan)Tokyo Daijingu ShrineSumida River (Sumida Gawa)Yasukuni Shrine (Yasukuni Jinja)Kasai Rinkai ParkAkasaka Palace (State Guest House)Hama Rikyu GardensTokyo Camii & Turkish Culture CenterNational Museum of Western ArtZojo-ji TempleAmeyoko Shopping Street (Ameya-Yokocho)Edo Wonderland (Nikko Edomura)Shiba Park (Shiba Koen)Fuji-Hakone-Izu National ParkHanazono Shrine (Hanazono Jinja)Omotesando