- Spend a few hours exploring Japan’s modern history of war on a guided tour
- Learn about Japan’s 2.5 million war dead and Kamikaze attacks from an expert
- Visit landmark sites like the Showa-kan Museum and Yushukan Shrine
- Get a different perspective on Japan with this specialized experience
Departure & Return
The direction to the meeting point will be provided after booking.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Optional add-on of Imperial Palace tour available at checkout
- Most travellers can participate
- Will this be a sensitive topic for some people?While the purpose of this tour is to educate and inform about Modern Japanese history (from over 70 years ago until recent times), it may still be a sensitive topic to some people. We really hope that everyone who comes will keep an open mind and will not put our tour guides in a difficult situation; if the tour guide may feel threatened at any point, please note that the tour may have to end and the tour guide may contact local law enforcement if necessary.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms