Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- See the wrestlers in an unstaged practice setting
- Tour photos are included
- Get insider access with your local guide
- Sports enthusiasts will especially love this tour
Departure & Return
Right outside of JR Ryogoku Station East Exit Please note that there are two Ryogoku stations and the meeting point is the JR Ryogoku station, (NOT Toei-Oedo line Ryogoku station). Your guide will be holding an orange/red board saying "Magical Trip".
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Available for those who are only over 12 years old since those who are younger than 12 years old are not allowed inside the sumo morning practice.
- As Sumo stables has the right to adjust their schedule in the last minute based on their tournament schedule and wrestlers’ condition, please note that there is a possibility that we will cancel your booking due to the sudden change or cancellation of the practice by sumo stables. In that case, we will fully refund your booking shortly. You do not need to pay for Sumo morning practice entrance fee.
- The sumo stable has the right to refuse guests who offend the rules of the stable and in this case, we will not be able to refund.
- Sumo stables decide if the audiences are allowed to take the photos of sumo wrestlers or the photos with sumo wrestlers. Please note that there is the possibility that you cannot take those photos in the case the sumo stables rejected for whatever reasons.
- In the case that your group is large, the group may be split into the different groups and each may visit different stables.
- You may not be allowed to go to the toilet during the practice, so please make sure to go to toilet before the tour starts.
- Out of respect for our other guests and to ensure the best tour for everyone, we must start the tour on time. Please note that if you are late for more than 15 minutes than meeting time (10 mins before the tour starting time), you will not be able to join the tour, get refund or rescheduled.
- We might ask you to change the time/date depending on the availability of the Sumo morning practice schedule.
- Please be aware that guests may have to sit on the floor as most of stables do not usually offer chairs.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- OPERATED BY MagicalTrip Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Be aware that our timing was brought forward without much notice - check emails the day prior." See review
- "There is no lunch or other activities with the tour." See review
- "We were allowed to photograph the training and the wrestlers, and had a posed photo opportunity with them at the end of the session." See review