- Discover the "yokocho" alleys, packed with authentic izakaya and cafes
- Share small plates of sashimi, pickles, and more with your guide and group
- Learn about the three Edo-era teahouses that Sangenjaya is named after
- Cook your own Japanese savory pancakes in a popular teppanyaki restaurant
Departure & Return
We will meet you in front of the ticket gates at the central exit of Sangenjaya station and will provide detailed instructions on how to reach Sangenjaya from your accommodation a few days before the tour.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The legal drinking age: in Japan is 20. Soft drinks will be served to those under the age of 20
- Dietary Requirements: Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements and we will make sure you are catered to.
- Sharing: We will be experiencing izakaya the Japanese way and so sharing plates between the group. (Don't worry you will be full!)
- Group Size: To keep things friendly and allow us access to some of the smaller and more unique places we prefer to keep group sizes from 2-6 people although we are able to cater to large groups to
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Smoking is permitted in most bars and restaurants in Japan and therefore we don't advise pregnant travelers to join this tour
- There will be some light walking involved on this tour through narrow back streets so comfortable footwear is recommended.
- Solo travelers are very welcome
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tokyo Memories
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Highly recommended if you enjoy trying local cuisine, street food and drinks." See review