- A small-group tour means a more personalized experience
- A great way to learn about Japanese culture, mythology, and Shintoism
- Save time and visit three Shinto shrines on one tour
- Avoid long visitor lines—entrance fees are included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Harajuku Station (on the JR Yamanote Line) at the Omotesando Exit Address: 〒150-0001 Tokyo, Shibuya, Jingumae, 1 丁目 18 Directions: Google Maps Link (to Harajuku Station): https://goo.gl/maps/NxH2XXk2kVo
Return point: Akihabara (where the last shrine will be located). If add-on of Yanaka tour is added, the tour will end in Yanaka area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress code is smart casual
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather (if there is typhoon or other extreme weather conditions), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms