Explore our promoted experiences
- 45-minute wildlife tour by boat from Victor Harbor
- Look for seals, sea lions, dolphins, and seabirds
- Hear stories about the history of whaling in the region
- Learn about the marine wildlife of Australia
Departure & Return
Please take note of parking signs.
What To Expect
Depart from the Granite Island Causeway hug the northern side of Granite Island, passing the Penguin Centre and Horse Tram route before rounding the breakwater to reach the open ocean. Your captain opens up the throttle and gets you to Seal Rock in about five minutes. There, you can see, Australian sea lions and New Zealand fur seals at rest and at play.
You might spot common and bottlenose dolphins in the vicinity of Seal Rock. The playful dolphins sometimes swim alongside the boat. Seabirds including cormorants, petrels, and shearwaters can also be sighted in the area. Have about 10 minutes to view the marine life at Seal Rock, then set out towards Wright Island where your captain shares details about the region's history of whaling.
Your tour ends with return to the Granite Island Causeway at the end of your 45-minute tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 2 and under
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Big Duck Boat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms