- Segway tour from St John’s
- Explore Fort James, an English fortress built in 1706
- Glide past beaches, parks and fruit trees along the coast
- Enjoy cool drinks and a swim break at the beach
- Get unparalleled views of the turquoise Caribbean Sea
- Receive expert instruction on how to use a Segway
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures personal attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Tour departs from Exotic Boutique, Redcliffe Quay, St John's, Antigua. Exotic Boutique is located in Redcliffe Quay facing the sea. You will be met by a Guide with a hand sign with your name on it. From there, you will be taken to your transportation to begin the tour.
What To Expect
Head to your starting point in Saint John's in the morning, where you’ll meet your guide and get a quick lesson on proper handling of your Segway. This remarkable self-balancing device offers the ultimate in maneuvering and mobility on any paved surface, allowing the tour to cover more ground than your typical walking tour. Once you’ve got the hang of it, your exploration of Fort James begins.
This British defensive base, constructed in 1706, was originally designed to protect against invasion by the French. Pass nimbly through the fort’s imposing wood gates on your Segway, then follow along with your guide as you hear the fascinating history of this unique historical site. In the distance the turquoise-blue Caribbean is visible.
After taking in your day’s history lesson, proceed by Segway towards the coast for some fun in the sun. Feel the gentle breeze on your skin and enjoy the path lined by tropical fruit trees as you head towards the beach for some down time. Once you reach the beach, grab a refreshing soft drink or water at the nearby bar, and feel free to take your time for sunbathing, reading or swimming during your break.
At the conclusion of your beach visit, head back by Segway to the tour’s starting point to finish your excursion.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring sunscreen, a swimsuit and a towel
- Minimum weight and height requirements are 100lbs and 4ft
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are less than 4 passengers booked for the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Rendezvous Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff