7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Step into the world of hobbits and wizards on a full-day tour from Auckland to the Hobbiton Movie Set with lunch at The Shire’s Rest Café. You’ll see gorgeous rural scenery on the trip to Hobbiton, learn the inside stories behind the The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and sip a Middle Earth-themed drink at the Green Dragon Inn. This full-day Hobbiton Tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees, complimentary drink at The Green Dragon, and it’s limited to 11 people for a fun, personal experience.
- Explore the set where filming of The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit took place
- Enjoy a brewed beverage, available at the Green Dragon Inn
- Recount stories from Hobbiton and interact with fellow travelers
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Beverage at The Green Dragon
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Knowledgeable tour guide
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up guests from all Auckland Downtown CBD accommodation (Hotels, BNBs, Backpackers etc). You will be advised your pickup time within 24 hours of your booking. Please be ready and waiting for our yellow Mercedes-Benz transportation 5 minutes before your advsied pick up time. Those staying outside the Downtown CBD area, your pick up will be at the Sky Tower in the middle of Downtown Auckland
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Auckland Scenic Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Fully Guided Day Tour from Auckland?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Fully Guided Day Tour from Auckland?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It is not easy to keep to a timely agenda when you are traveling long distances and making multiple stops." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Fully Guided Day Tour from Auckland
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursMovie ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingAucklandBus Tours - North IslandMovie Tours - North IslandFull-day Tours - North IslandBus Tours - Waiheke IslandMovie Tours - Waiheke IslandFull-day Tours - Waiheke IslandBus Tours - TaurangaMovie Tours - TaurangaFull-day Tours - TaurangaCategory
Auckland War Memorial MuseumTakapuna SheepworldAuckland Art Gallery Toi o TamakiAuckland Harbour Bridge ClimbDevonportAuckland Town HallPiha BeachNorth Head Historic Reserve (Maungauika)SculptureumMotutapu IslandArataki Visitor CentreOne Tree HillMt. Victoria Reserve (Takarunga)St Patrick's CathedralViaduct HarbourAuckland ZooPonsonby Odyssey Sensory MazeMichael Joseph Savage Memorial Park (Savage Memorial)