Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- COVID-19 precautions -Safety measures in place. All areas that exposed to customers are frequently cleaned & sanitised.
- A full commentary is provided by your skipper. A limited number of multi-lingual headsets are available in German, French and Mandarin Chinese.
- A portion of your fare contributes to marine mammal research and conservation.
- You will be able to purchase lunch from the café at Otehei Bay.
- Snacks and drinks are also available for purchase onboard the vessel.
- From December - April: on the day, you can opt to extend your time on the island (subject to availability) and there is also the option to hire paddleboards and kayaks.
- The site is wheelchair accessible but please be prepared for uneven surfaces, which may be difficult for those with limited mobility and wheelchair users.
- Interacting with common and bottlenose dolphins, orca, whales and other marine mammals is subject to DOC regulations.
- Tours are suitable for people of all ages and average fitness. Our scenic walks are short and optional. Please let our guide know at check in if you have any fitness concerns.
- You are welcome to bring your own prepared food, snacks and or beverages (alcoholic beverages limited to guests 18 years and older by New Zealand law).
- You can buy hot and cold drinks and limited snacks on board, or grab a meal at the cafe on Urupukapuka Island. Limited menu available in winter.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the conditions, walking shoes, sun protection, jacket/warm layer & essential personal items.
- Bring a camera or a phone with camera capability as these locations are the perfect place to get some great travel photos.
- Vegetarian option available for lunch - Special dietary requirements catered for upon request, please advise at the time of booking.
- Sand boarding takes place if conditions permit.
- Easy and good fitness level required.
- This is a guided walking tour and sensible walking footwear is recommended.
- Please note the walk from the carpark to the lighthouse at Cape Reinga takes around 10-15 minutes each way and is uphill on the return.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ExperienceKart
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms