2 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
If you're staying on the Kona side, this in-depth flight is an excellent way to see all of the Big Island from the air. And the sliding windows make it easy to snap pictures of flowing lava and secret waterfalls.
Saved to wishlist!
120-135 minute helicopter tour
Two-way headset communication with your pilot
Live commentary on board
Departure & Return
73-341 Uu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to weather, flights may be 120 to 140 minutes in length
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- Due to the current social distancing requirements for the state of Hawai'i, face masks are required for the duration of the flight
- Infants must sit on laps
- Learn about our elevated health & safety protocol to help observe the COVID-related requirements of social distancing and sanitization :
- A visitor who has either quarantined for 10 days (showing an airline ticket with an arrival date 10 days prior to flight), or who can show that the pre-testing travel program accepted a negative test result from them.
- A resident who has been on island for at least 10 days or who has had a negative COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours.
- All guests weighing between 265 lbs – 300 lbs when weighed at check-in, will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 on our Hughes/MD 500 helicopter or $100 on our Bell 407 helicopter. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- We require that any guests weighing 300 lbs. or more purchase an additional empty seat to safely balance the aircraft. Upon check-in, we will weigh all passengers. They will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Most travelers can participate
- Seating is assigned based on weight and balance following guidelines which have been approved by the FAA. We cannot guarantee seats as the weight of guests must be balanced within the aircraft.
- A seat upgrade is not a guarantee; however, if you purchase a co-pilot and/or window seat upgrades, we will do our best to seat you in your purchased location. If we cannot accomodate a seat upgrade due to weight and balance requirements for your flight (or for any other reason), we will refund your upgrade purchase at check-in.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Paradise Helicopters
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Circle Island Experience from Kona ?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Circle Island Experience from Kona ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Circle Island Experience from Kona ?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Circle Island Experience from Kona ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Circle Island Experience from Kona
2 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesAir ToursFull-day ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesBig Island of HawaiiUnique Experiences - HawaiiAir Tours - HawaiiFull-day Tours - HawaiiUnique Experiences - MauiAir Tours - MauiFull-day Tours - MauiUnique Experiences - OahuAir Tours - OahuFull-day Tours - OahuCategory
Kilauea Iki Crater Tours & TicketsHonokohau Harbor Tours & TicketsIsaac Hale Beach Park Tours & TicketsHulihee Palace Tours & TicketsKohala Tours & TicketsMountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Tours & TicketsAkaka Falls Tours & TicketsKula Kai Caverns Tours & TicketsKalapana Tours & TicketsKaumana Caves State Park Tours & TicketsLiliuokalani Gardens Tours & TicketsThurston Lava Tube (Nahuku) Tours & TicketsAnaeho'omalu Bay Tours & TicketsAkatsuka Orchid Gardens Tours & TicketsHawaiian Volcano Observatory Tours & TicketsHonopua Farm Tours & TicketsKolekole Falls Tours & TicketsKahaluu Beach Park Tours & TicketsCrater Rim Drive Tours & TicketsSaddle Road (Hawaii Route 200) Tours & Tickets