Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions (be prepared for sun, wind and rain).
- Covered walking shoes are required and a jacket is highly recommended.
- Participants must be able to walk a minimum of 1.5 miles on uneven terrain.
- We do not guarantee you will see molten lava on this tour.
- HOTEL pick-up is offered for select HILO HOTELS ONLY. If you are staying outside of Hilo, please plan to meet at the Hilo Mo'oheau Bus Terminal (please confirm at time of booking).
- CRUISE SHIP passengers, we pick-up directly at Hilo Harbor and will adjust the tour time as needed to accommodate your ships time in port.
- For a one DAY TRIP to the Big Island, please make your travel arrangements to and from the Hilo International Airport. Please provide your flight details at time of booking.
- Kilauea volcano is an active volcano, you may be exposed to volcanic gas on this tour.
- All guests MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF FULL COVID-19 VACCINATION upon check-in for the tour. All guests are REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK covering the mouth and nose when traveling in the vehicle for the duration of the tour (regardless of State mandates being lifted).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mauka Makai Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands