Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip to Lamington National Park from the Gold Coast or Brisbane
- A moderate hiking trail to Picnic Rock and Elabana Falls
- Listen to birds and learn about forest biodiversity in this Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage area
- Snap photos of the McPherson Range from O'Reilly's Tree Top Walk, immersed in the rainforest canopy
- Includes minivan transport from Gold Coast hotels
- Small-group tour limited to 11 ensures personalized attention
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Then set off on your hike, wandering through Lamington’s lush, UNESCO–listed rain forest landscape made up of pine trees, ferns, and flowering plants, all remains of the ancient Gondwanan forests that once blanketed Australia. In the afternoon, arrive at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, where you can visit the cafe to purchase lunch (own expense).
After lunch, enjoy a little free time to check out the gift shop, feed the local birds or just admire the scenery from your location in the middle of the park. From O’Reilly’s, drive back down the mountain and then onto your hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear closed-toe shoes, suitable for walking
- Please bring a jacket, sunscreen and insect repellent
- A moderate to high level of fitness is required
- Restrooms are available at the trailhead
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Elabana Falls has a number of boulders to climb/scramble over for the best viewpoint
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rainforest Tours Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms