- Full-day 4WD adventure on Moreton Bay Island from Brisbane
- Sand boarding down Moreton Island's sand dunes
- Snorkel alongside an abundance of marine life residing in the Tangalooma shipwrecks
- Time to swim, kayak and relax on Moreton Island's pristine beaches
- Picnic lunch and photo opportunities spotting turtles, dolphins and dugongs
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
- Travel across Moreton Island Marine Park aboard luxury catamaran
Departure & Return
7:00am - Bus Stop 125 - Across the road from the Qld Police Headquarters
8:00am - MICAT ferry
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Moreton Island is the world's third largest sand island. Most of the island is a protected national park without paved roads, making 4WD an essential mode of transportation.
Admire the scenery as you pass eucalyptus forests with some trees that are 250 years old. Head to 'the Desert’ for a classic sandboarding experience on Moreton Island.
When sandboarding, you can reach speeds of up to (50 km) per hour. Despite the potential for speed, everyone from beginners to speed demons can enjoy the activity and modify it to their comfort level.
After the sandboarding excitement, head to a lake where you can take a dip in the blue waters or relax on a white-sand beach while your guide serves up a tasty picnic lunch. Then head to the Tangalooma Shipwrecks for a guided snorkel tour around the 15 submerged shipwrecks. The wrecks are located only (50 meters) from the beach, making them easy to reach. Enjoy watching a range of aquatic life swim around the vicinity, including parrotfish, trevally, blue-tang surgeonfish (dory) and clown fish.
Alternatively, take a kayak tour in the area of the Tangalooma Shipwrecks, observing the shipwrecks from above.
Please note: Snorkeling is subject to tide and weather conditions and may change without notice. Kayaking may be offered as an alternative to snorkeling if conditions are unfavorable.
At the end of a full day, enjoy the sunset over Moreton Bay as you return by ferry to the mainland and transfer back to Brisbane where your tour ends.
Please note: The itinerary may change depending on weather and tidal conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please bring a towel, camera, sunscreen, hat, swimming gear, insect repellent, walking shoes and warm clothes during winter
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bushwacker Ecotours
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "If you're looking for a tour to Moreton Island, this is the one you should choose!" See review