12 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Immerse yourself in the natural wonders and Aboriginal heritage of Australia’s tropical north on this full-day tour from Cairns. First, head to the Mossman Gorge to take part in a traditional smoke ceremony with the indigenous Kuku Yalanji people. Then, enjoy a close encounter with native wildlife on the Marrdja Botanical Boardwalk and visit Cape Tribulation, the meeting point of the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef and Daintree rainforest. After lunch at Cape Trib Beach House, embark on a scenic cruise along the Daintree River (optional).
- Take part in a traditional Aboriginal smoke ceremony in the Mossman Gorge
- See the meeting point of two UNESCO-listed wonders at Cape Tribulation – the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest
- Travel by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up, lunch and activities
Saved to wishlist!
Welcome to Country ceremony
Daintree River cruise (if option selected when booking)
Live commentary on board
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Breakfast (available for purchase at Mossman Gorge)
Ice cream (available for purchase at the optional stop Floravilla)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Adult is from 12 years and over
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- OPERATED BY Active Tropics Explorer
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest Day Trip from Cairns or Port Douglas?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest Day Trip from Cairns or Port Douglas?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest Day Trip from Cairns or Port Douglas?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "While it is a 12 hour day on a bus, there are plenty of stop points to allow for a stretch of the legs and a bathroom break." See review
- "Carlos was great!so knowledgable, We had a great time all the time.. Its a long trip I highly recommend not to bring little kids!" See review
- "It is a 12 hour day from pick-up to drop off but what you experience on this tour will stay with you for a long time." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge, and Daintree Rainforest Day Trip from Cairns or Port Douglas
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWater ToursWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCairns & the Tropical NorthBus Tours - QueenslandNature and Wildlife - QueenslandWater Tours - QueenslandWalking Tours - QueenslandFull-day Tours - QueenslandBus Tours - AeroglenNature and Wildlife - AeroglenWater Tours - AeroglenWalking Tours - AeroglenFull-day Tours - AeroglenBus Tours - Port DouglasNature and Wildlife - Port DouglasWater Tours - Port DouglasWalking Tours - Port DouglasFull-day Tours - Port DouglasCategory
Centenary Lakes Tours & TicketsAustralian Butterfly Sanctuary Tours & TicketsCairns Esplanade Lagoon Tours & TicketsCairns Night Markets & Food Court Tours & TicketsEsplanade Boardwalk Tours & TicketsBehana Gorge Waterfall Tours & TicketsWet Tropics World Heritage Area Tours & TicketsMichaelmas Cay Tours & TicketsCairns Botanic Gardens Tours & TicketsGranite Gorge Nature Park Tours & TicketsBarron Gorge National Park Tours & TicketsRainForeStation Nature Park Tours & TicketsTrinity Beach Tours & TicketsKuranda Koala Gardens Tours & TicketsLake Barrine Tours & TicketsRusty's Markets Tours & TicketsFitzroy Island Tours & TicketsCairns Zoom & Wildlife Dome Tours & TicketsBirdworld Kuranda Tours & TicketsCairns Aquarium Tours & Tickets