2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Embark on a winter snowshoeing journey in Kananaskis from Calgary with the assistance of a guide. Focus on the scenery and the sound of your footsteps crunching the snow instead of puzzling over directions, since your guide leads the way. You'll learn the history of the Kananaskis through guided commentary as, well as facts about the local flora and fauna.
- Snowshoeing guide provides directions and commentary
- Hot beverages and cookies to keep you warm
- Use of snowshoes
- Multiple departure times to fit your schedule
Saved to wishlist!
Hot Beverage and Cookies
Departure & Return
Kananaskis Outfitters , 1 Mt Sparrowhawk Crescent, Kananaskis, AB T0L 2H0, CanadaThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dressing appropriately for the weather is essential, be sure to check the current weather report for Kananaskis (Nakiska Ridgetop) prior to arriving.
- Thermal winter boots, Sorels or similar. UGG style boots will NOT work, we do have a limited number of winter boots for rent if you do not own this kind of footwear.
- Warm hat, sunglasses, warm gloves or mitts.
- Warm comfortable clothes to snowshoe in think wool or fleece or (preferably not cotton), dress in layers; long underwear, a mid layer (ex: fleece or softshell) and a jacket are perfect.
- Winter jacket - try to avoid heavy ski jackets unless it is very cold. A warm, breathable jacket is ideal.
- Lightly insulated pants or winter hiking pants.
- Small backpack, with a snack and bottle of water.
- When dressing for snowshoeing, wear warmer gloves than you might think you will need, and a cooler jacket than you think you will need. We always recommend bringing a small day pack to carry extra layers, water, and to put an extra layer back into if you are too hot.
- Service animals allowed
- We expect guests to be in good health for the tour, please take the COVID-19 self-assessment prior to the. In the case of yourself or someone in your group qualifying for self-isolation or COVID-19 testing, please notify our shop as soon as possible to arrange for a Raincheck and alternate tour date.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kananaskis Outfitters
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Snowshoeing in Kananaskis?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Snowshoeing in Kananaskis?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Snowshoeing in Kananaskis?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Snowshoeing in Kananaskis
Explore Similar Things to Do
Winter SportsOutdoor ActivitiesCalgaryWinter Sports - AlbertaWinter Sports - VancouverWinter Sports - SeattleCategory