12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore the archaeological site of Ek’Balam during a full-day tour from Riviera Maya or Cancun. Learn about the history and restoration projects of this ancient Mayan city. See the largest dome in the Yucatan Peninsula and participate in a blessing ceremony. Round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle is included.
- Discover an ancient Mayan city other than Chichen Itza
- Learn about the architecture and history of Ek’Balam
- Get to know Mayan culture during a blessing ceremony
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Riviera Maya or Cancun are included
Saved to wishlist!
Safety gear at Park
Photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Pick-up at hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun Hotel zone Meeting Point for all Hotels in downtown Cancun Meeting point for all Hotels in downtown Playa del Carmen Set Meeting point for all Hotels in Tulum Please confirm your pick up time and location by contacting us on the number on the voucher or contacting TripAdvisor's Customer Service.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring comfortable shoes, fresh clothing, bathing suit, hat, extra shirt and cash or credit card for crafts and photos.
- This expedition is not suitable for physically challenged, or people who suffer heart conditions, respiratory or back problems. It is not recommended for pregnant women or children under 6 years old. People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, at Cenote Maya, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) are not allowed, except for "action cam" (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We recommend you to bring your own water bottle or container
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is operated by Alltournative
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alltournative
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full-day tour to Ek Balam and Cenote Maya from Cancun and Riviera Maya?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff