Explore our promoted experiences
- 8-hour whale watching tour to Platypus Bay on Frasier Island
- Travel via fully equipped, eco-friendly catamaran
- Watch whales from the boat's submerged platform
- Use a hydrophone to hear the whale songs
- Buffet lunch, tea, and refreshments provided
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Find a space to relax on the deck, which offers plenty of both sun and shade and can handle up to 24 guests. Watch the coastal scenery as the boat leaves the marina and heads for Platypus Bay on the western side of Frasier Island.
Once whales are spotted, the boat will approach and, at a safe and respectful distance, you'll get a chance to see the huge creatures in action. Climb onto the immersive platform that allows you to view the whales from in the water, or use the hydrophone to hear the whales calling to each other. Listen to commentary from your skipper, who has more than three decades' of experience working with marine mammals.
During the day, you'll be treated to morning and afternoon tea, as well as a buffet lunch. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
End your day with the whales with convenient hotel drop-off once you return to land.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (best suited to children 8 years and older)
- Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Tour may be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Blue Dolphin Marine Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands