5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Enjoy an unforgettable close encounter with the marine life of Hervey Bay on this 4-5-hour cruise, including hotel pick-up. Step aboard the specially designed MV Whalesong and discover the bay’s majestic whales and dolphins with the help of an expert crew. As well as guaranteed whale sightings, you’ll have chance to spot dolphins, sea turtles and endangered dugong, plus a rainbow of tropical fish.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Saved to wishlist!
AM departure - Morning tea and buffet lunch
PM departure - Antipasto platter (afternoon tea) and Buffet dinner
Multi-level viewing decks
Expert commentary - translated by our multilingual crew (German, French, Spanish, Italian)
Hydrophone and underwater cameras to listen to and view the Humpback Whales
Hotel pickup and drop-off from Hervey Bay accommodations
Filtered water, tea, herbal tea, coffee and milo
Drinks and snacks (available for purchase on board)
Souvenirs (available for purchase on board)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from local resorts, hotels, motels and caravan parks. We don't pick up from Air BnBs (unless they are close to the Esplanade) due to time constraints and vast spread of locations. Pick up (and drop off) times depend on where you're staying in the Bay.
In general, pick up times for the morning cruise are approx:
* Point Vernon/Pialba: 7:05am - 7:15am, Scarness: 7:15am - 7:20am, Torquay: 7:20am - 7:30am, Urangan: 7:30am - 7:40am. Please call to verify your pick up address, at least 24 hours before the cruise.
In general, pick up times for the afternoon cruise are approx:
* Point Vernon/Pialba: 1:05pm - 1:15pm, Scarness: 1:15pm - 1:20pm, Torquay: 1:20pm - 1:30pm, Urangan: 1:30pm - 1:40pm. Please call to verify your pick up address, at least 24 hours before the cruise.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- We recommend bringing comfortable shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- In the event that no whales are spotted, you will receive a return ticket to come again at a future date
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Whalesong Cruises
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hervey Bay Whale Watching Experience?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Hervey Bay Whale Watching Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Hervey Bay Whale Watching Experience?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hervey Bay Whale Watching Experience?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Hervey Bay Whale Watching Experience
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingHervey BayNature and Wildlife - QueenslandWhale Watching - QueenslandNature and Wildlife - Noosa & Sunshine CoastWhale Watching - Noosa & Sunshine CoastNature and Wildlife - Gold CoastWhale Watching - Gold CoastCategory