4 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
- All-inclusive tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Scenic air tour
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multi-Day Trip
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Saved to wishlist!
Return flights from Hobart to Bathurst Harbour
3 nights accommodation aboard Odalisque
Expert skipper, interpretive guide and guest chef
Menu featuring gourmet Tasmanian produce
Fine Tasmanian wine and local boutique beer
Tailored itineraries – jet boat excursions, walking, birdwatching, photography, beachcombing
Travel & medical insurance
Extra fuel levies (for charters where opportunities arise and the vessel travels a further distance)
Specialised activities, such as diving and kayaking
Emergency evacuation or emergency search charges
Additional beer, wine and spirits purchased from our onboard bar
Departure & Return
115 Kennedy Dr, Cambridge TAS 7170, Australia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Available only February – May
- TRIP ESSENTIALS - Everything you need to know about your cruise expedition
- is a fly in / fly out experience departing from Cambridge Airport, located at 115 Kennedy Drive, Cambridge (follow the signs to Par Avion). Staff will meet you at the airport at the start of your tour. For 4-day tours, the start time of your expedition will vary. Start times are
- Usually 11.00am. Please check your confirmation email for the start time for your tour.
- As our flight into the South West is on a light aircraft, weight & size limitations apply to baggage. Guests will be provided with an
- waterproof bag at the airport which is to be used to transfer your personal luggage during our expedition. You will be given time to transfer personal items into this bag at the Airport. Any items you are not taking with you on your trip, including travel luggage and any other personal items, can be stored with us for the duration of your adventure. For further details on baggage, refer to ‘What to pack’ section.
- Guests should allow 25 minutes to drive from Hobart CBD to Cambridge Airport and 5 minutes from Hobart Airport to Cambridge Airport. Check in time is 7:30am for an 8.00am departure, or 11.00am for an 11.30am departure. The spectacular flight from Cambridge to Melaleuca takes approximately 1 hour.
- If you are driving to Cambridge Airport, there is free unsecured parking available at this airport. If you would like secure parking there are the following nearby options:
- Airport Undercover Parking – (03) 6248 5882
- Taxis from the Hobart CBD are available for approximately $50.00, and an Uber is approximately $30.00.
- Your experience with us ends when we return to Cambridge Airport. Our time of return will vary depending on the length of trip you have booked.
- On the final day of your cruise, we expect to return to Cambridge Airport by:
- Either 2pm or 7pm, depending on trip length and start date.
- Return scenic flights
- from Cambridge Airport to Melaleuca, Bathurst Harbour
- Accommodation aboard Odalisque
- Our expedition cruise vessel is designed for your comfort and safety, purpose built by Tasmanian owner and operator Pieter van der Woude for this Southwest experience. Small group touring at its best,
- has three private cabins, a comfortable entertaining and dining area and a spacious outside deck.
- Skipper Pieter van der Woude, who is also the owner of the business, will be your host on the majority of our cruises. His lifetime of experience and passion for Tasmanian waters and marine life makes him the perfect skipper for guests wanting to explore the remote Tasmanian South West and Southern Ocean coastline.
- Expert Guide
- Expert guides with an intimate knowledge of the area will be your personal, walking encyclopaedias throughout your time with us. We’ll pair you with a guide whose areas of expertise match your own interests.
- Guest chefs provide top-notch, modern Tasmanian fare. We borrow our chefs from some of the best restaurants in Hobart, and you can expect meals as inspiring as the landscapes in which we dine.
- All meals
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and all snacks are provided for you by our onboard chef. Please let us know of any dietary requirements in advance.
- A house selection of top-notch Tasmanian wine & beer is included in your package. Additional beverages can also be purchased from our list of premium Tasmanian wine, boutique beer & local spirits. Non-alcoholic drinks are freely available.
- Wet weather gear & other handy items
- is stocked with lots of useful items. See ‘What to pack’ section for full details of our supplies.
- Odalisque waterproof bags
- Provided at Cambridge Airport for transportation of your personal luggage during your expedition. See ‘What to pack’ section for further details.
- National Park entrance fees
- There are some activities or items during your trip which will incur additional charges. These include:
- Fuel surcharges for cruises which take the Odalisque beyond Port Davey and into the Southern Ocean, including trips to Maatsuyker Island, Mainwaring Inlet & The Shank. These side trips are subject to a $250/hr fuel levy, to be shared between all guests.
- Emergency evacuation or emergency search charges.
- Additional beer, wine and spirits purchased from our onboard bar.
- Specialised activities, such as diving and kayaking.
- Any additional charges incurred while on a charter can be paid for upon your return to Hobart.
- Our itineraries are as changing as the weather in this remote & wild country. Quite often, we will plan each day’s activities with our guests over dinner the night before. Our guide & skipper will put together a daily itinerary options based on your own interests, whether that be hiking, beachcombing, bird spotting, sightseeing from the jet boat or simply relaxing aboard
- The dynamic weather is one of the many attractions of this unique World Heritage Area wilderness. Daytime summer temperatures can range from 10°C to 35°C and at least one day of rain or drizzle is to be expected. Evening temperatures regularly drop below 10°C. Take a look out our ‘What to pack’ section for suggestions as to what you might need to be comfortable in any weather.
- Our access to this wilderness area is by light aircraft. These planes cannot operate in extremes of weather or poor visibility. Whilst it is unusual, delays can occur on both inward and outward flights. Due to this
- We will not be responsible for any expenses incurred for flight delays that our out of our control.
- to cover any expenses associated with such delays.
- In the eventuality of a delayed departure we will endeavour to provide a complete itinerary where circumstances allow. This does however require participants to have flexibility in their own schedule.
- However, if a delayed departure means that the number of nights in the trip are reduced, and it is not possible for us to extend the end trip date due to other trip commitments, guests will have the option to:
- Transfer their trip payments to another date,
- Continue with shortened trip at a reduced rate. In this case, guest’s will be reimbursed the equivalent of the nightly rate of the trip with a 25%
- If the weather does not permit travel out of Port Davey and guests are required to stay an extra night(s) aboard
- guests will be charged a per night rate at a 25% discount.
- We will request details of any onward flights or accommodation upon your return to Hobart, so that in the case of any delays, alternative arrangements can be made on your behalf.
- The remote nature of this trip is part of what makes it a great adventure, but it also means that we need to very careful that everyone is prepared for the unforeseen. If you are taking any medications please be sure to let staff know and to include an extra supply. It is also important that you let us know if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries. Our supplies of non-prescription medications are limited. If this is a concern, feel free to bring your own.
- Our skipper and all our guides hold either a wilderness or marine first aid qualification. We carry an extensive first aid kit, satellite communication, location beacon, marine radio and flare kits in case of emergencies.
- There is no mobile phone coverage in the area where we will be travelling. We see this as an opportunity for complete escape from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life.
- However, we do understand that in some special situations you may need some communication with the outside world. In these circumstances, it is possible for guests to send and receive text messages and to receive calls only via the satellite phone. Please feel free to ask the skipper to use the phone if necessary.
- In case of emergency, family and friends can make contact with guests via the satellite phone: 0477 100 119. This phone is tended by Hobart staff, who will then pass on the message to staff in Port Davey.
- Power is available on board to charge up any devices.
- The minimum age of guests for any overnight charters into Port Davey is 8 years. The parent/guardian is to take full responsibility for the child. In the case where the whole vessel is chartered by a single group of people, the age limit does not apply.
- There is no disability access aboard the
- Due to space and weight limitations in the aircraft, guests are limited to 12kg of personal luggage only. This luggage will need to fit in the waterproof bag provided to you at Cambridge Airport. The bag is approximately 48cm long with a diameter of 34cm and a capacity of 45L.
- Lightweight and sturdy hiking boots (note: some tracks are muddy, rutted and overgrown)
- Dry & clean footwear for wearing aboard Odalisque (something that’s comfortable and easy to get on & off eg. Sneakers or ‘boat shoes’)
- Warm polar fleece or down jacket & other warm layers
- Personal medications
- Comfortable clothes suitable for a range of activities – from hiking to cruising in the jet boat – suitable for the range of weather conditions we’ll be exposed to – from hot, sunny and still to cold, windy and wet.
- Day pack
- Towels & linen
- Wet weather pants & jackets
- Life jacket
- Small library with a variety of reference books
- First aid & emergency safety equipment
- Insect repellent
- Bathroom essentials including shampoo, conditioner & body wash
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tasmanian Boat Charters
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during 4-Day Cruise Expedition of Southwest Tasmania's World Heritage from Hobart?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 4-Day Cruise Expedition of Southwest Tasmania's World Heritage from Hobart?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 4-Day Cruise Expedition of Southwest Tasmania's World Heritage from Hobart?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
4-Day Cruise Expedition of Southwest Tasmania's World Heritage from Hobart
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsAir ToursMulti-day ToursWater ToursMulti-day CruisesPorts of Call ToursWater SportsAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingHobartShore Excursions - TasmaniaAir Tours - TasmaniaMulti-day Tours - TasmaniaWater Tours - TasmaniaMulti-day Cruises - TasmaniaPorts of Call Tours - TasmaniaShore Excursions - MelbourneAir Tours - MelbourneMulti-day Tours - MelbourneWater Tours - MelbourneMulti-day Cruises - MelbournePorts of Call Tours - MelbourneShore Excursions - Yarra ValleyAir Tours - Yarra ValleyMulti-day Tours - Yarra ValleyWater Tours - Yarra ValleyMulti-day Cruises - Yarra ValleyPorts of Call Tours - Yarra ValleyCategory
Richmond VillageQueens DomainTasman BridgeLark DistilleryTinderbox Marine ReserveMuseum of Old and New Art (Mona)Bruny Island Berry Farm Hobart RunnymedeMoorilla WineryConvict TrailMacquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port)Cascades Female Factory Historic SiteTasmanian Museum and Art GalleryNorth Hobart Huon ValleyHobart Convict PenitentiaryHobart Sandy BayBonorong Wildlife SanctuaryTahune Forest AirWalkSt. David's Cathedral