Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour sailing tour on the River Derwent from Hobart
- Admire the coastal scenery
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea
- Feel the power of an ocean-racing yacht under full sail
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Head toward the Iron Pot lighthouse, and watch for wildlife like seals and dolphins. Then enjoy stories from your skipper about previous sailing adventures over morning or afternoon tea featuring gourmet Tasmanian items. Your tour ends when you return to the departure point.
When booking, select either the morning tour, which operates from October to March, or the afternoon tour from April to September.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear soft rubber soled shoes. Sneakers are ideal
- A maximum of 18 people per sailing trip
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hobart Yachts
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Half-Day Sailing on the Derwent River from Hobart.
- "Don't be misled, Derwent River is actually the Hobart harbor (just tradition)." See review