Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Hobart sightseeing tour and MONA gallery visit
- See all the sights of central Hobart on a city tour
- Visit MONA, Australia’s most controversial and exciting art museum
- Round-trip transfers from central Hobart included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Brooke Street Pier
What To Expect
See Australia's oldest brewery at Cascade Gardens and visit the remnants of the old Female Factory prison; head to the Rosny Hill lookout for a view of the city, Mt. Wellington, the Derwent River; enjoy a stroll around the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, home to thousands of plant species, and much more.
MONA: Your visit to MONA starts with the ferry ride along the River Derwent to the Berriedale peninsula, where the museum is located on the property of a local winery. Arriving by water is an important part of the MONA experience so you can fully appreciate its unique design and setting built into the landscape.
After admiring the exterior architecture, head inside to explore the art collection, owned and exhibited by Tasmanian entrepreneur David Walsh, who has described the museum as a “subversive adult Disneyland.” Australia’s largest privately funded museum, it’s home to everything from ancient artifacts to controversial mixed-media installations. If you feel at various times enthralled, inspired and shocked, you’re in good company. Use a handheld touch-screen device while you’re exploring the collection to learn more about the exhibits and record your own impressions and reactions, if you wish.
To refuel with a drink or bite to eat, you may head to the onsite restaurant, cafe or wine bar, with its tasting room that features regional wines (own expense). Then leave the museum to return to central Hobart by coach.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Australia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Apparently there is a shuttle if one is unable to climb the steps but that probably needs to be arranged beforehand." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews