- 2.5-hour or full-day guided kayak tour, from Hobart
- Choose from a shorter tour that leaves from the city center or longer tours outside of Hobart
- Paddle along the waterfront and learn about the history of this bustling harbor town on the city kayak tour
- Immerse yourself in Tasmania's natural beauty on one of the full-day tours
- Learn to paddle from your expert guide with all kayaking gear provided
Departure & Return
Meet us at Short Beach (near the children's play area and rowing sheds). We are a mobile business and have no office at this location. Look for the Roaring 40s Kayaking vehicle, lots of kayaks and the smiling faces! Free parking is available on Marieville Esplanade and near the rowing sheds.
What To Expect
For a short experience in central Hobart, select the 2.5-hour city tour, which takes you along the Derwent Estuary, providing unique views of city landmarks and attractions like Battery Point. Take the 7-hour cliffs, caves and beaches tour for a beautiful experience among rugged cliffs, sea caves, sandy shores and other coastal scenery. Or, for the longest time on the water, choose the 10-hour Tasman Peninsula tour, which gives you the chance to spot wildlife like wildlife fur seals, dolphins, sea eagles and penguins; this tour requires a good level of fitness.
Each tour includes use of equipment (kayak, paddle, life jacket and spray jacket) and instruction from your guide. Read the Itinerary section for more details about the three different options.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 7 years. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Previous experience is not necessary
- A basic level of fitness is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Roaring 40s Kayaking
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms