- Admire fantastic views of Hobart during a downhill bike tour from Mt Wellington
- Enjoy 13 miles of cycling with a guide
- Opportunity to try an off-road section for more thrills
- Quality mountain bikes supplied with front suspension
- Our groups are maximum 12 and a riding guide plus support vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure Point: 4 Elizabeth Street, Hobart Directions: Please meet our guide just opposite the Tasmania Visitor Information Centre (4 Elizabeth st) approx. 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your winding route takes you into the Wellington foothills, where you can detour into an off-road section, if you wish (see below for more details). Then continue into the suburbs of South Hobart and past historical Battery Point, finishing your 2-wheeled journey on the Hobart waterfront at Salamanca Place.
This biking tour is designed for all levels of fitness; total cycling distance is 13 miles (21 km).
If you’re feeling adventurous during your bike tour, you may veer off the bike track into approximately 3 miles (5 km) of dirt-trail off-road cycling before meeting back up with the rest of the group about 20 minutes later at a rest stop. The whole group will then finish the bike tour together by riding into Hobart. (If you do not take the off-road route, the support van will follow to the meeting point.)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 12 not permitted.
- For comfort and safety reasons, there is a strict minimum height requirement of 150cm and maximum weight of 120kg.
- Long trousers are a good idea if it is looking chilly outside. Shorts are fine on warm days. If you are wearing long trousers, we will provide bands to protect them from the chain. Sneakers or walking shoes are the most comfortable footwear, you are not permitted to wear open-toed sandals or shoes with heels. Layers are the best way to go, t-shirt underneath, then long sleeve jumper and/or jacket. Bear in mind it will be colder at the summit and warmer at the bottom. Sunglasses are a great idea to protect your eyes.
- The speed of these trips is dictated by the guide. He or she will ride at the front of the group and control the speed. Several regrouping stops will allow those at the back to catch up and there will be plenty of opportunities for photos.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Warm clothing, jackets and gloves are essential
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Under Down Under Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms