3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the dazzling natural landscapes of Vatnajökull, Europe’s largest glacier, on this 3-hour ice caving adventure from Reykjavik. Venture off the beaten track in the Vatnajökull National Park and enjoy the rare opportunity to explore inside a naturally formed ice cave. With new caves forming each year, your experience is guaranteed to be unique, so be sure to bring your camera!
- 3-hour ice caving adventure from Reykjavik
- Venture inside a natural ice cave in the Vatnajökull National Park
- Marvel over views of Vatnajökull glacier, Europe’s largest glacier
- Full instruction and all equipment provided
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
Saved to wishlist!
Ride in a 4x4 modified super jeep
All gear for entering the ice cave safely
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must meet us at the departure location. This tour departs from Jökulsárlón café which is about 390 km east from Reykjavík, Just by the parking lot of the glacier lagoon Jökulsárlón. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your booked departure time
- Warm and waterproof clothing required
- Hiking shoes required (We do not offer hiking shoes rental for this tour. Please wear hiking shoes or you will not be fit to go into the ice cave.)
- The weather in Iceland is unpredictable and can be changing rapidly. Our guides check on a daily base if it is save to go to the ice cave.*
- Our guide decides which cave to visit every day depending on safety and weather conditions. If on that day the cave is not suitable to enter, due to unforeseeable reasons such as a glacial flood, excessive rain around the cave, our guide will inform you at the meeting point. You can choose to either follow our guide on a glacier hike to the cave (but do not enter due to safety reasons), or you can choose on site to cancel the tour with a full refund. If you choose the glacier hike we will also refund you 30% of the tour. We hope the glacier hike and partial refund will compensate you, as the surrounding area of Vatnajökull is extremely beautiful and does not disappoint.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guide to Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Ice Cave Tour in the National Park of Vatnajökull
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHalf-day ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingHofnBus Tours - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - SkaftafellBus Tours - VikNature and Wildlife - VikHalf-day Tours - VikBus Tours - AkureyriNature and Wildlife - AkureyriHalf-day Tours - AkureyriCategory