2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Head out into the Anderson Lagoon to see enchanting bioluminescent plankton light up the water with this Sittee River trip. Your guide will take you into the mangroves by boat, where you'll get to see this enchanting natural phenomenon up close and personal. You can even put your hand in the water and swish it around to see how agitated plankton immediately illuminate.
- See bioluminescent plankton up close and personal
- Boat ride and related expenses are included
- Bottled water is provided to all guests
- A local guide will lead the way
Saved to wishlist!
Landing and facility fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointHopkins, Hopkins, Stann Creek
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from your Hotel. Just let us know where. the drive to River House Lodge from most hotel in Hopkins is 15 minutes.
The cost for transportation is $7.50 USD round trip and you can pay this when your driver picks you up.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Get to Know Belize Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bioluminescence Tour & Sunset River Cruise?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Bioluminescence Tour & Sunset River Cruise?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Bioluminescence Tour & Sunset River Cruise?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bioluminescence Tour & Sunset River Cruise?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Bioluminescence Tour & Sunset River Cruise
Explore Similar Things to Do
Sunset CruisesDay CruisesWater ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingHopkinsSunset Cruises - Belize CityDay Cruises - Belize CityWater Tours - Belize CitySunset Cruises - San IgnacioDay Cruises - San IgnacioWater Tours - San IgnacioSunset Cruises - Ambergris CayeDay Cruises - Ambergris CayeWater Tours - Ambergris CayeCategory