Explore our promoted experiences
- This personal, small-group flight is capped at just six people
- Discover many of Kauai’s top landmarks in the space of a single tour
- A special doorless helicopter means unbeatable views of the sights
- Admire the Na Pali Coast, the “Jurassic Park” waterfalls, and more
Departure & Return
Upon entering the Lihue Airport stay to the left towards the HELIPORT. Take a left at the second stop sign and head north on Ahukini Road. Take the first right after the UPS Customer Center Drive and look for the Air Kauai sign. Park on the grass area and check in in the white office trailer.
|Monday - Friday:||12:00 PM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday - Sunday:||12:00 PM - 04:00 PM|
|Monday - Friday:||08:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- ONLY your cell phone is allowed on board. No other loose items or camera devices.
- Passengers must be 10yrs old or older to participate on the Doors Off flight.
- Any passenger exceeding 230lbs or two passenger combined over 400lbs must purchase a comfort seat. This is an additional seat for comfort and safety.
- Please view your ticket for your confirmation number, check-in and departure times.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Air Kauai Helicopters
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff