- Explore Freycinet National Park on your way from Launceston to Hobart
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park—Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Visit the historic Ross Village, home to the famous Ross Bakery with scallop pies, possibly Tasmania’s best Vanilla Slice and the not to be missed “Kiki’s Kitchen”
- Reward yourself with a tasty ice-cream at Kate’s Berry Farm
- Check out the unusual convict built Spiky Bridge
Departure & Return
If pick up has not been arranged, our general pick up point isas follows: 7.15am from Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston, 28 Cameron Street, Launceston
We offer a drop off at select Central City Hotel's in Hobart at the end of the tour.
What To Expect
From Ross, head into the Freycinet National Park on the east coast, making a brief stop at Freycinet Marine Farm, which cultivates oysters in the nearby ocean waters.
Next up, walk with your guide to the Wineglass Bay Lookout where you can get great photo ops of the gorgeous landscape. The walk is an easy uphill route. Afterward, you have the option to continue to Wineglass beach where you can eat lunch, swim, and relax. If you prefer a shorter walk, the guide can take you sightseeing to park highlights like Honeymoon Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse, and Sleepy Bay.
After ample time in the national park, continue your journey to Hobart, stopping at Kate's Berry Farm in the seaside township of Swansea. There you can purchase ice cream, jams, sauces, and chocolates (own expense).
Your tour ends with drop-off at your centrally located hotel in Hobart in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pickup time is between 7.00am and 7:30am depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from select central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours Tasmania
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff