- Tour of the British Museum in London
- View selected highlights of the museum, a showcase of 6,000 years of history
- See treasures such as the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone
- Learn about the artifacts’ history and significance from a guide
- Small group tour with maximum of eight people and choice of morning or afternoon departures
- Free entrance to the museum
Departure & Return
Meet your guide outside the gates of the museum by the red telephone booth situated to the left of the main gates of the museum on the sidewalk of Great Russell Street across from Starbucks.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hear a brief introduction to the world-famous museum, one of the greatest repositories of world art and artifacts on the planet. This prestigious institution houses eight million items spanning 6,000 years of human history, providing an incredible window into human achievement. Treasures items such as Samurai armor and a series of prized Assyrian lion hunting reliefs dating from the 7th century BC.
Follow your guide through the rooms to see a carefully chosen selection of ancient and medieval exhibits considered to be some of the museum’s most beautiful and important. View pieces such as the Mummy of Katebet, the 12th-century Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone; a stone slab engraved in the 2nd century BC with texts by Egyptian priests.
While you explore, gain deeper insight into the artifacts as your guide puts them in engaging historical context, sharing intriguing facts about their significance and purpose.
After exploring, your experience finishes when your guide departs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: British Museum and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Babylon Tours London
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I would recommend booking a private tour if, like me, you feel like you need some direction." See review