- Sunrise trip to Haleakala on Maui
- See the sun rise over Haleakala crater
- Breathtaking views of Maui at sunrise
- Scenic drive through Kula District
- Professionally narrated tour
- Pick-up and drop-off at Maui hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup from specific hotels on Maui approximately between 2 and 3 AM; please search for your exact hotel in the pickup section. If you are staying somewhere we do not pickup at, please enter your pickup location address in the free-form field and contact us for your exact pickup which will be at one of the locations below.
Safeway Lahaina Cannery Mall 1221 HI-30, Lahaina, HI 96761
Safeway Kihei 277 Pi'Ikea Ave, Kihei, HI 96753
Maui Mall 70 East Kaahumanu Ave, Kahului, Maui 96732
Minit Stop Store 333 Dairy Road Kahului, Maui 96732
- Kahului Airport, 1 Keolani Pl, Kahului, Maui, HI 96732
What To Expect
Start your trip in the dark of the very early morning with a pickup at your Maui hotel. You’ll then continue by air-conditioned minibus on a scenic drive passing the Kula District. and Maui’s rare silversword plants.
Arriving at the Haleakala National Park, steadily climb by minibus up Haleakala to 9,740 feet elevation to the Visitor Center. You’ll see Maui’s rare and endemic silversword plants that poignantly bloom once, then perish. You’ll also witness the sunrise from the Visitor Center area. The views from Haleakala are nothing short of spectacular. Writer Mark Twain, upon visiting the peak in 1866, wrote that the volcano was “the most sublime spectacle I ever witnessed and the memory of it will remain with me always.”
Observe the first rays of the new day slowly creep across the distant horizon. Soon the sky fills with the majestic glow of the new day, and the warm beams of light creep across the island of Maui, illuminating the land below. It’s a sight you’re sure to remember for many years to come.
At the end of your morning sunrise experience you’ll head to breakfast at a local restaurant and then receive a drop-off back at your Maui hotel, tired but thrilled by your amazing morning trip.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Dress warmly as temperatures are typically between 20-40 F.
- Special needs requests must be called in to the local supplier at least 1 week prior to tour date.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All special needs requests are handled and accommodated on a situational basis.
- Most travelers can participate
- We do not guarantee clear viewing of the sunrise as it depends on current weather conditions.
- This tour is not recommended for people with heart or respiratory conditions that may be exacerbated due to high altitude. People who have gone scuba diving should wait 24 hours before going on this tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Haleakala Maui Sunrise Tour with Breakfast.