Departure & Return
The first pickup point is outside the Hakuba Happo Bus Terminal at 11:45.
The second pickup point is inside JR Nagano Station at 13:00. The guide will meet you in front of the Information Board directly across from the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) ticket gates.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour has 2 pickup points in Hakuba or Nagano. When booking the tour please include your preferred pickup point - Hakuba or Nagano - and for guests staying in Hakuba, please also include the name of your accommodation under Special Requirements.
- Wear warm clothes that can get dirty as there might be some cinders flying your way.
- There will be a lot of walking on paved and unpaved roads so please wear suitable shoes.
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time. There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- It will be cold in January in Nagano with likely snowfall and temperatures falling below 0 degrees. The cold is especially apparent at night so please wear warm clothes and shoes fit for winter.
- For guests joining the tour from JR Nagano Station, arrival back to Nagano Station will be just before midnight so our recommendation is to stay overnight at Nagano City.
- For guests joining the tour from Hakuba, you will be returned to the Happo Bus Terminal at approximately 01:00. Please note that alternative drop-off points are not possible.
- Confirmation email of your reservation will be sent to you within 48 hours after booking.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This is a family-friendly cultural tour, not a drinking tour. Consumption of alcohol is not allowed on the tour bus and we request that guests do not become intoxicated at the festival. The comfort, enjoyment and safety of guests is our top priority. In order to ensure those, any guest found to be intoxicated or a nuisance to other guests will be requried to leave the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machinovate Japan Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff